Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Rosemary Almonds

These almonds are a super simple snack. I love fresh herbs and rosemary is one of my favorites. I had lots of rosemary growing in my back yard in California. It smells so good! I can't wait to get some going on my Oklahoma backyard in the spring.

Rosemary Almonds
2 cups almonds
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
dash sugar

Toss almonds and butter in a bowl so that the almonds are all coated. Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt, pepper, and sugar. Toss lightly to distribute the seasoning. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.

These are best made with Marcona almonds. They are a little more flat than normal almonds and white (not brownish). I couldn't find Marcona almonds in any Oklahoma stores (it's a conspiracy) so I had to use normal almonds. They still taste delicious. 


recipe from the Winemaker Cooks by Christine Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment