Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gluten Free Mac & Cheese

This was my attempt to make mac & cheese like "Stouffer's."  I honestly never even had that brand of mac & cheese until I met my husband. It's definitely his favorite kind and Katie really likes it too. So I made it gluten free. It was a hit!



Gluten Free Mac & Cheese
1 pound gluten free pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in about 2 tablespoons water
salt & pepper to taste

Boil pasta in a large pot until al dente. (I boiled mine for about 12 minutes.) Drain pasta.

In the large pot, melt the butter. Then add the milk, cheeses, and some salt & pepper. When the cheese is melted, stir in the cornstarch mixture. The sauce will begin to thicken. Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently to get the pasta coated with the cheese.

Pour the mac & cheese into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with a little extra cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes (just long enough to get the cheese melted).

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment