Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Baked Herb Lemon Shrimp

We sent Pioneer Woman cookbooks to our family at Christmas this year. I thought it was kind of clever... the Pioneer Woman lives in Oklahoma, she blogs, she went to USC - we have a lot in common. I figured since I bought copies for our family on the east coast and the west coast, I should get copies for myself. I am so glad I did! I've tried a few recipes so far. Here's one that we will make again. We definitely liked this shrimp recipe. It's super fast to make. Pair it will a salad and some crusty bread for a fast and delicious weeknight meal.

Baked Herb Lemon Shrimp
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled with tails on
3/4 stick butter, softened
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup parsley leaves
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
salt to taste

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine the butter, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet. Dot the butter mixture on top of the shrimp. Bake the shrimp in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.

Remove from oven and transfer shrimp to a large bowl. Pour any extra sauce over the shrimp. Garnish with chopped parsley and a few lemon slices. Serve with crusty bread for dipping in the extra butter sauce.

Enjoy!

recipe slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Food From My Frontier

No comments:

Post a Comment