Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

arugula salad with lemon

It's the first week of the new year and I know that a very popular new year's resolution is to eat healthier. Here's a delicious salad to help you stick to healthy eating (at least for the first week).



I was first served this salad by my good friend Adrienne at a wonderful dinner in her beautiful home on the lake. Now it's a regular at our house (specifically one of Katie's favorites). Thanks Adrienne!

arugula salad
large bunch baby arugula
1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice of one lemon, salt & pepper to taste.
Add arugula to dressing and toss to coat. Add Parmesan cheese (and freshly cracked pepper if desired).

I like to remove the salad from the bowl once I've tossed it in the dressing and serve it on a fresh plate or bowl. This way the greens get the perfect amount of dressing.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment