Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cannoli


Need a fast, easy, yet impressive dessert? Wow your friends and family with this! It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to prepare, but no one has to know. You can often find these on the dessert menu at Italian restaurants. I like them with mini chocolate chips, but you could make many variations - try chopped pistachios, sprinkles, or caramel.


Cannoli
3 purchased cannoli shells (available in many supermarkets or specialty food stores)
8 oz marscapone cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Prepare the filling... In a medium bowl, mix the marscapone and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large ziplock bag or pastry bag. Snip off one corner of the bag and squeeze some filling into each side of each cannoli shell. Sprinkle the edges of each cannoli with mini chocolate chips (or pistachios or sprinkles or whatever you like). 

   

I served some whipped cream along side my cannoli and garnished with a few raspberries. You could use purchased whipped cream or use my favorite recipe for honey-infused whipped cream.

I haven't attempted to make the shells from scratch yet... maybe someday. I'll be sure to share it when I do! For now... Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment