Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Brown Sugar Sauce

Today is my Dad's birthday and I've been traveling lately (so you've probably noticed I've been slacking a little on the Luscious Confections blog). I'd been thinking about what I could make to shrare for my Dad's birthday that he would enjoy and that also could be put together relatively easily since I didn't have much time in the kitchen. Ice cream! Of course! My Dad's favorite! I'm pretty sure he eats a little ice cream almost every day. And he makes the perfect scoops of ice cream for an ice cream cone. I don't, so I opted for a cute little dish.

Dad likes chocolate ice cream - the darker, the better. Today, for his birthday, I topped chocolate ice cream with a delicious brown sugar sauce and sprinkled on some toffee chips (like the middle of a Heath bar - which I know he likes). It's a simple, yet decadent dessert.

Brown Sugar Sauce
1/4 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Combine all four ingredients in a small saucepan and melt over medium-low heat just until it starts to bubble. Drizzle over ice cream. Enjoy!

In the summer we often use this sauce on grilled pears or pineapple. Just grill half of a pear or a slice of cored pineapple over medium-high heat on the grill until you get nice grill marks. Top with vanilla ice cream, and drizzle with brown sugar sauce. Delicious!

I'd love to hear your ideas for other yummy desserts to drizzle with brown butter sauce.

Happy Birthday Dad!!!
Love this picture of my dad. He's having so much fun (me too obviously) - he loves dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment