Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cupcake Love

If you check out this blog often, you know that every so often I post a review about something new I've found that I think is worth sharing with others. Here's one for all of you in the Oklahoma City/Edmond area... Go check out Gigi's Cupcakes!


Seriously, I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to cupcakes. All too often, then cupcakes I try at bakeries are dry or lack flavor or creativity. So it's rare that I'll buy cupcakes because I'd rather bake them myself. But I have to tell you that Gigi's Cupcakes are amazing! The cakes are moist, full of flavor, and the frosting is perfect in texture and flavor. To top it all off, they look beautiful and come in cute boxes.

We recently tried three of their flavors - Pistachio was my favorite.

Caramel Sugar Mama... caramel cake with caramel buttercream frosting. Then drizzled with caramel and topped with some Sugar Babies candy.

Chocolate Almond... white coconut cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Rimmed with toasted shaved almonds. The cupcake version of an Almond Joy candy bar.

Pistachio... pistachio cake with pistachio buttercream frosting. Topped with pistachios and course sugar.

Gigi's Cupcakes has a store on May Avenue (next to one of our favorite quick and delicious restaurants - Cafe 7) in Oklahoma City near Quail Springs Mall and also one in Norman (haven't been to that one). They have a variety of flavors that change daily and seasonally. I think I'm hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment