Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chalkboard Paint

I just love chalkboard paint. It's so simple and you can really creat some cute stuff with it. I've seen entire walls painted with chalkboard paint - SO FUN! What kid wouldn't want that in their room? I think grown-ups could have fun with it too. Here's one of my recent chalkboard paint uses. This was actually my husband's idea - flour storage/organization.

If you read this blog often, you know I often create gluten-free meals, desserts, snacks. I've been through much trial and error when it comes to using gluten-free flours, trying to get the perfect blend for texture and taste. With a little chalkboard paint and some glass mason jars, I got all of those little bags tossed on a shelf in my pantry neatly organized.


You could use this same technique for any type of storage you need. Simply brush a square (I did it just free-hand, but you could tape it off if you want to be exact) with the chalkboard paint using horizontal strokes. Let it dry for about 30 minutes. Then brush a second coat over the share using vertical strokes. Allow to dry completely for 24 hours and label with chalk or a chalkpen.

Have fun!

P.S. You can get the chalkboard paint and chalkboard pens at Hobby Lobby (or probably any craft store).

No comments:

Post a Comment