Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Deep Dish Gingerbread Cookie for One


I know gingerbread is usually a flavor associated with Christmas, but it's still cold where I live. I'm really really tired of it… I am NOT a fan of cold weather. I'll take 110 degrees any day over cold and windy. I also think that if you live in the north or northeast part of the United States, you're still in for cold weather this week. So I think this gingerbread cookie is perfect for a cold evening. Have it with a nice cup of warm tea. That's what I'm doing. I can't wait for warmer weather… but until then… I'll eat warm cookies! I hope you will enjoy them too.

   

Deep Dish Gingerbread Cookie for One
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ginger
Pinch ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup flour (you can make it gluten-free by using G-free all-purpose flour)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Coat a small ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter for about 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Whisk in the sugar and molasses. Add the salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and flour and whisk to evenly combine.

Spoon the dough into the prepared ramekin and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (don't over cook it... it's supposed to be soft and gooey). There's no egg in this dough so don't worry about cooking completely. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes before eating.

Serve with a small scoop of ice cream or whipped cream if desired. I used a blend of softened cream cheese, whipped cream, and a little powdered sugar. Devine!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment